We are exceptionally excited and proud to be shortlisted finalists for the Caterer of the Year category at the Food Awards England 2016. We aim to delight in everything we do & to be nominated a finalist for this prestigious award means the world to us!
HM Prison Reading opened recently for the first time to the public as artists, writers and performers respond to its most notorious inmate, Oscar Wilde. The Great Food Company were delighted to cater for the opening of the event, in such a resonant site, which showed though art & archive material how Wilde suffered. The exhibition created by Artangel runs until 30th October, book here.
It felt special to be part of such an event, and good for us all to remember how lucky we are, and teach the younger team some important history!! At the opening, guests were welcomed with drinks and our delicious bowl food:
- Poached Salmon & Rocket Salad with Lemon Dill Dressing
- Sumac Chicken with Pink Grapefruit & Watercress Salad
- Moroccan Aubergine & Chick Pea Salad with Jewelled Couscous
“A big thank you to your team, and especially Patrick. What a star!
We were delighted with the service, the food and the management of the event.”
Leah Swain, Development Manager – Artangel
At any event whether its a private party, corporate ‘do’, product launch or wedding there are a myriad of catering choices to suit your desires and budget, get in touch to find out more.
Our Cocktail of the month comes from a very enjoyable afternoon spent with my ladies at the Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery, in Laverstoke. A stunning venue, very contemporary & we enjoyed the Gin Masterclass Cocktail Experience very much, however it still needs some tweaks…
Being the World’s most popular brand of Gin & the only one of its kind – infusing the flavours through vapour, there was a lot to learn & take in. Laverstoke Mill is a working distillery and it’s great to understand the mechanics behind the brand and taste. Laverstoke is becoming a great hub for foodies – with the Laverstoke Park Farm nearby offering the freshly made Buffalo mozzarella. Back to the cocktail…
- Squeeze 2 freshly cut lime wedges into a clean glass (try to use a balloon glass) and then drop them in
- Measure and pour in 25ml Bottlegreen elderflower cordial, 50ml Martini Bianco and 25ml Bombay Sapphire gin into the glass over the lime
- Fill the glass completely full of good quality cubed ice and briefly stir with a bar spoon to chill
- Top up with FeverTree Ginger Ale
- Decorate with a thin slice of ginger, and don’t forget a sprig of mint (which you need to flick first to release the fragrance)
Cocktails can be used to delight guests, enhance a theme & create a real sense of occasion, our mixologists provide a sense of theatre at any event. Call us on 0118 373 2311 or drop us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.